Tourism Advisory Committee
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Saundra Pearson, Chair
- Bob Baird
- Claudette Jordon
- Jane Van Valzah, Secretary
- Barbara Wagner
Tourism Grant Application
The King George County Tourism Advisory Committee (KGTAC) is pleased to announce that the Spring 2017 Tourism Grant application (PDF) is now available. The tourism grant application is the mechanism to apply for funds generated pursuant to VA State Code § 58.1-3819. Pursuant to § 58.1-3819, the designated funds will be spent solely for tourism and travel, marketing of tourism or initiatives that, as determined after consultation with the local tourism industry organizations, including representatives of lodging properties located in the county; attract travelers to the locality, increase occupancy at lodging properties, and generate tourism revenues in the locality.
The spring session opens on April 1 and will run through June 1, 2017. Applications will not be considered for the spring grants after June 1 at 4 p.m. An additional fall session will open on September 1 and run through November 1. All applications received within the open period will be reviewed and submitted to the King George County Board of Supervisors who will make the final decision on approval of applications received.
Acceptable project/event qualities include:
- Increase county tourism objectives through special single day events, exhibits, education programs, or recreational opportunities throughout the county that draw outside visitors to the county
- Increase the use of lodging, restaurants, shopping venues and historical sites within the county
- Fostering or strengthening partnerships with other county organizations, attractions, or initiatives that extend single day events into collaborative, event weekends
- Enhancing county, state and National Park Service trail and by-way experiences in King George County