Using Your Library Card
Apply for a Library Card
You can apply for a Library card by completing and printing the Library Card Application (PDF). Please bring the completed application with photo identification with you to the Library. Additional documentation is required for identification without a current King George address. Library cards are free for King George residents. Out-of-county residents are subject to a $25 yearly fee. Please contact the Circulation Department at 540-775-2147 for more information.
Loan Periods & Late Fees
- Books and other materials: 3 week checkout/$0.15 per day overdue
- DVDs: 1 week checkout - $1 per day overdue
- Magazines: 1 week checkout - $0.15 per day overdue
Library accounts will stop accruing fines at $20.
Personal Identification Number (PIN)
- To change your PIN, you must first login to your account.
- Once logged in, Select Edit PIN. You will be prompted to enter your current PIN and the new PIN.
- Select Sumbit Change.
If you have questions about updating your PIN, then please contact the Circulation Desk at 540-775-2147 or by emailing Circulation@smoot.org
- To renew your items, you must first login to your account.
- Once you are logged in, select Loans under Quick View OR select Current Loans under Account Summary.
- Select the box next to the item you wish to renew. You may select all of the items by selecting the box next to the word Title.
- When satisfied, select Renew.
- A box then will appear stating that the item(s) have been renewed.
- If you have already renewed the item(s) once or an item is on hold for another patron, you will receive a message stating "One or more items cannot be renewed, please check with the Circulation Department."
- If you have fines on the account, you will not be able to renew your items until the fine has been cleared.
If you have questions about renewing your items, then please contact the Circulation Department at 540-775-2147 or by emailing Circulation@smoot.org
Requesting Items Online
- To request or place an item on hold, first search for the item using the Library Catalog.
- Select the title of the item you wish to place on hold and select Hold Request from the blue menu bar.
- You will then be prompted to enter your patron ID and PIN.
If you have any questions, please contact the Circulation Department at 540-775-2147 or by emailing Circulation@smoot.org